The Matrix Online
This spring, the Matrix will become a reality when gamers everywhere log into
The Matrix Online for the first time to continue the saga of the movie trilogy.
Players of The Matrix Online (MxO) will inhabit an enormous urban sprawl, which
spreads for miles in all directions. There are subways, nightclubs, skyscrapers,
and dark alleys that all seem normal on the surface, but beneath this pedestrian
exterior, a secret war is being waged for the survival of humanity and machine
alike. Here, you and many operatives like yourself, will determine who shall
inherit the earth.
Features: Gameplay Highlights
- Dozens of weapons and dramatic martial arts maneuvers that capture the "wire
fu" Matrix experience. Use devastating special moves and sneak attacks
including breath-taking bullet-time effects that are intelligently generated
based on player moves and tactics.
- Plot lines by the creators of The Matrix continue the Matrix story where
the movie trilogy leaves off and provide you with deep insight into the world
of the Matrix.
- The Matrix Online will engage you with special events, missions, and monthly
story cinematics, all of which effect the action in the game.
- A full Rich World cityscape environment with traffic, living neighborhoods
and breathtaking skylines that immerse players in the most authentic Matrix
Mega City ever created (Using RichWorld technology™).
- A robust mission system designed for maximum re-playability and depth.
Players receive missions from familiar organizations in the Matrix, such
as Zion and the Machines.
- Authentic "Matrix style" clothing and character customization
options allow players to live a virtual life that reflects the fashion of
the Matrix movies.
- Find, create, or trade Matrix "ability code" that provides incredible
knowledge and skill to your character. Unlike other massively multiplayer
games, ability code can be swapped out and exchanged like trading cards,
providing unprecedented flexibility in the development of a character.
- Players can tap into sources of "information" in the game to
create or steal code fragments. Code can be used to create both special Matrix
items and special abilities.
TM & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s) 2005. THE MATRIX ONLINE, characters, names and all related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. 2005. THE MATRIX ONLINE is developed by Monolith Productions Inc. MONOLITH and the Monolith logo are trademarks of Monolith Productions Inc. Sega is registered in the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office. SEGA and the Sega logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Sega Corporation. Software platform logo TM & © 2005 IEMA. The ratings icon is a registered trademark of the Entertainment Software Association.